Friday, March 6, 2009

Any Ideas?

I have an assignment due next Friday for my nutrition class and I am stumped on what to do. I have to make a file folder activity for children ages 3-5 that teaches them about nutrition. Every idea that I come up with I can't quite get finalized. In this assignment I have to create a newsletter to the parent about a nutrition concept and explain to them how to do this activity with their children. Essentially, a parent should be able to take this home and use it without me being there to explain it. I am just stuck on ideas. To kind of give you an idea of what I'm talking about, last time I had to teach a food safety principle and I made a game called King Kandy's Fancy Feast, all of the characters in candyland had to learn some sort of food safety practice (i.e. washing hands) in order to eat at the castle. On the back of their character cards they each had their own situation that the child had to help them overcome by using these safety practices. Please help . . . my brain is stuck.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I remember you telling me about this assignment. You are more creative than me but perhaps you could do something like a memory game or even puzzle. Each puzzle or memory card could have a fun veggie or fruit character. Something along those lines. Emmett raves about those types of activities!

Tiffany said...

Good idea! I'll let you know how it all turns out.