Thursday, February 12, 2009

A good trip . . . An even better family.

Well, I very much wanted to post a blog full of pics from my first big vacation; but, of course, we left our USB cable and charger to the camera in the hotel in Maryland. Unless, by some miracle, that we have simply misplaced it in all our luggage (Doubtful, but possible). We did have a nice time on our vacation, it was really good to see Kristin and be a part of her baptism. That was the highlight of our time there. She is so sweet and fun to be around. We also went to D.C. and saw the Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, and The White House, in which James tried to gain privileged access to the front gates (That didn't work out so well) ;) I wanted to go through the holocaust museum, but we were pressed for time with only a 2 hour meter and limited amount of change at hand. We also went to the Chesapeake Bay, that was really beautiful. Crystal and I went shopping Saturday morning and got a Pedicure/Manicure (Thanks Crystal). The mall was huge!!! Of course, to me, any thing is larger than little old Rexburg. There was a 24 plex theater in the mall and we all went to He's just not that into you. Funny movie. I liked it.
What I realized from going on this trip is that I'm not missing all that much of the world. It's great to get to know new people and cultures and to see new sights, but what I loved the most was time with my husband and time with Kristin. I dearly missed our kids at home and wished we could've been all together. I also realized that life doesn't stop when you go on vacation. We came back with housework and homework knocking at our door. If I wasn't behind before, I definitely am now. Thanks to all of my family members for helping out with watching Quentin. It's so great to have family around that is loving and supportive.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Anytime we can help out, that is what family is for. Lucky you, I wish I were getting a manicure/pedicure right now!

Jen and Sam said...

How fun that you got to go to D.C. also! It is so neat there and so much to do. You definitely cannot see it all in two hours lol.