Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday Post

One thing that I have learned in my ethics class is that for something to be morally objective it needs to be made public, otherwise it serves no purpose. I find that in my meetings at church I gain so much while there, but as the week goes by I tend to forget what was taught. Which is probably one reason why it is good to go every Sunday, anyway . . . as I was saying, I would like to share something that I learned. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it up every Sunday. Today in Relief Society we had a lesson on virtue, which was excellent, but I am sharing a quote that was printed on our Relief Society bulletin. "It is by faith that you can lay hold upon every good thing. I pray with all my heart that your faith will be increased, that you are a daughter of a loving God. I testify to you that you have been one of the valiant ones to reach the point where you now are in this journey of life. Just as you are marked as a target by the enemy of righteousness, you have been protected and watched over by your Heavenly Father and Lord Jesus Christ. They know you. They know all of the forces and individuals around you. They know what is ahead of you. And so, they know which of the choices you make, which of the circumstances around you will make the most difference in keeping you walking in the light. I testify that by the Spirit of Christ and by the Holy Ghost, you may walk confidently in whatever difficulties will come. Because you are so valuable, some of your trials may be severe. You need never be discouraged or afraid. The way through difficulties has always been prepared for you, and through difficulties has always been prepared for you, and you will find it if you exercise faith."
- President Spencer W. Kimball
This quote meant a lot to me. I hope it does for you as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing that. I don't get to attend much of Relief Society because of Justin's (separation anxiety)& attending Nursery,by himself.